We created this page to guide those of you who are looking to change your organization’s Internet presence with a new look and feel to your site.
If you operate a “traditional” website, where the maintenance of your site is performed by editing HTML code using applications such as Microsoft Frontpage, or even Notepad, you have probably found by now how tedious it can be just to get a consistent look and feel with all of your web pages.
Additionally, if the information on your page is dynamic and requires constant updates, you are probably trading appearance for content, and are foregoing the effort necessary to maintain a nice and consistent look and feel to your site.
This may be the case if you are an adoption / rescue organization, for example, and always have pages to update with the latest dogs available.
Because not everyone is savvy with the latest tools and applications, we created this page to share with you how we technically operate SARDSAwareness.org. We hope this information enables you and your organization create an effective and unique presence on the Internet that is also easy for you to manage and grow.
SARDSAwareness.org Technical Information
- Web hosting services by SiteGround
- Our content is created, managed, and published by blogging software known as WordPress, from www.WordPress.org. Blogging software is designed to present a consistent look and feel with all of your content, allowing you to focus on what’s most important to you — Content, not html coding. – WordPress software is available to you at no additional cost and is provided to you by SiteGround, or similar hosting service providers, after you sign up for an account. Installation is a breeze with just a few clicks and keystrokes. Your current provider may also provide this application.
- Our current WordPress theme is iNove. – We chose this theme for its elegant design and page interface. There are hundreds of themes available at the WordPress Themes page that may be suitable for your organization.
- Currently, we run the following plug-ins for Word Press:
- The great thing about the Internet is reusable services. What this means is that you don’t have to create a customized application to handle certain things. The following are the reusable services that SARDSAwareness.org takes advantage of:
If you are technically minded, the above information may help put you on your way to developing a blog-powered website.
However, if you find that the above information is still too technical and would like some assistance creating your site, please email us at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Depending on your needs and level of assistance you would like for us, we may be able to barter our services to you for the sake of spreading awareness of SARDs/IMR. To engage us at this level of discussion, the following guidelines must be met:
- Your organization’s agenda must involve the betterment of the health and lives of animals. For example:
- Adoption / Rescue organizations
- Awareness / Education websites for specific medical conditions
- Breed / Animal specific health organizations
- Your current website must have been in operation for at least one (1) year.
- Your new site must provide a link or banner to SARDSAwareness.org on its main page.
- Your organization must make a direct donation to Iowa State University’s Companion Animal Fund for SARDs/IMR research.
If you are interested in working with us, please contact us at the email address link above.